Saturday, January 29, 2011

Feeling like an old maid much?

Today I had the great chance to catch up with my wonderful friend Megan. We were roommates together when I was going to school in Logan and she is from Pleasant Grove. She came down for the weekend and we were able to hang out for a couple of hours and catch up. 


Me and Megan up in Logan last year

We played this sweet game on the Wii but I can't for the life of me remember what it is called but basically we copied all the dance moves on the screen and it is such a workout! Haha but so much fun. I love this girl, she is so awesome and it was so great to catch up on life since we haven't seen each other since around Thanksgiving. Crazy! Anyway, we ended up talking about boys... of course... and a little about marriage and life and all that jazz. It made me think a bit about my life. 

According to Mormon standards, especially Utah Country Mormon standards, I fear I may be getting to be close to the age of an old maid. hahahahaha. I'm almost 20 and not engaged or married. I'm not even dating any potential possibilities. Don't get me wrong. I LOVE being single and just enjoying life and doing my own thing right now and I definitely do not feel like I am anywhere near ready to be married or anything, but sometimes it feels like sooner rather than later the judgements will be coming like fiery darts from every direction. Oh joy. But seriously. Why is it that it seems like the world is getting married these days? If I were my sister I would be about to get married at this point in my life. Plus, so many of my friends and people I went to high school with are married or about to be married this year. 
I fear I may need to move out of Utah if I do not get married soon. Haha. Where are all the good guys?!!? Oh wait, I know. MARRIED. 

Hey prince charming guess what, I'll wait. I'm not ready for you to come riding in on your white horse just yet. 

But world, please don't judge me for not wanting to get married so young :)