I am such a complete slacker when it comes to this blog!! I need to change that before August....but since January was the last time I posted anything, I will post a quick recap of the past 5 months.
1. I turned 22 in April. It's so weird being older, not having many more "good" birthdays left (like 16, 18, or 21), and having to be so much more responsible.
2. I graduated from COLLEGE. It took me four insane, extremely long and difficult years, but I am so glad that I was able to accomplish this. Despite all of the problems that accompanied my education throughout the first two years, I think that I finished on a very strong note, and can't believe I actually accomplished this!
I am so grateful for all of these people who have supported me over the years and made the effort to attend my graduation and make me feel proud of my accomplishment.
3. I moved in to my own apartment! It is really fantastic and I am loving it a lot. One of my roommates and I hit it off right from the beginning and its been awesome. There are only three of us, so we each have our own room so it's really nice. Annette helped me decorate my room and I just love it!
4. I have started my "big kid job". It's really hard and can be very draining both emotionally and physically, (yesterday I work 15 hours, got home at 11:45 and had to be back at 7:00 am today!) but it is giving me amazing experience working with a population that I haven't really had much interaction with..... TEENAGE GIRLS. It took me a little while to really get my feet in solid and figure out a good balance between being the new sheriff in town and being too lenient, but I think I have finally figured it out, as best as anyone can after a month, and I am learning so much about the girls and a completely different lifestyle than I have ever really been exposed to. I wasn't sure at first if I really enjoyed it, but now I am loving it. Despite always being busy and completely exhausted. (I work a lot at this job, but I am still working as a nanny as well, so my days are jam packed all the time working two jobs....)
5. I went to Colorado and my awesome brother took me shooting! It was soooo much fun, I can't believe I have not ever gone before! Chris and Nathalie are so much fun and I love hanging out with them. They are also having a BABY in November and I could not be more excited to be an aunt and spoil that kid rotten.... Or spoil it to be loud ;) ha!
6. I finally hiked Timp caves! I don't know why I never did this before, because it was so beautiful and so much fun! This summer has already been changing my views on Utah and making me believe its not all totally crazy. It really can be beautiful and fun.
Overall, life is pretty good right now. Being a "real" adult is kind of a struggle at times, but I am figuring it out and enjoying the ride every step of the way. My next big adventure is just around the corner, 80 days to be exact, and I can hardly wait!!!