Wednesday, September 1, 2010

What a life

What a life it is that I lead here in the grand town of Provo. It is much different than the happenings of Logan, most definitely. I have become a better blogger, I have already gained many new friends, I have attended three ward activities in three days, I have gotten a job, I have actually enjoyed (to some degree) the majority of my classes and the atmosphere they create, I have throughly enjoyed my institute class with Brother Monson, I've gone swimming and to the gym, I've shopped till there is no where left to shop, I have discovered I really have so much growing up to do, I have discovered that I don't want to get married for awhile, I have become more family orientated because now I live with family and just a few blocks from family, I have discovered that this is the longest run in sentence ever. I have come to a realization that I am going to be suffering (very painfully) for a very long time, possibly the rest of my life from my recklessness in high school. I have come to accept that maybe I can't really do everything all of the time and that it is okay to say no, even if it may be difficult. I've discovered who some true friends are and realized that I don't need other people to make me happy. This life I lead is quite interesting to say the least, and I have discovered that as much as I am like my extended family here in Provo, I am so very very different.

Tomorrow is my Uncles birthday so tonight we went out to celebrate. We went to Red Lobster for dinner because he loves it. For those of you who really know me, you know that I absolutely hate any and all sea food and just the smell makes me want to hurl. But, I sucked it up because tonight was not about me. Everyone, except Sam, ordered sea food, and mounds of it, so I was surrounded for a long time. I had crab legs flying out me from multiple directions and spilled juices encroaching toward me every minute. I too soon began to smell of the awful sea just by association. It made for one not so tasty stake at times. I learned that I am just so different from everyone. Most of my family, both immediately and extended, have a least a little bit of an adventurous pallet but me, not even close. I'm not nearly as smart as my 13 year old cousin or anyone else, I'm not as witty or experienced, engulfed in natural knowledge, skinny as most, or as outgoing as I would have wanted to be. I am just different; so very very different.

As different as I may be, it was so nice to spend the evening with family and go to dinner, see Sam get his yellow belt in karate, and go get ice cream after at Cold Stone. As different as I may be from everyone, I am so glad to be able to be here and enjoy these experiences and Sunday dinners and what not to become a better person and grow up in so many multiple ways. What a joyful and wondrous life I live.....