Friday, September 3, 2010

A stranger

I could fill this post will tons of stories of strangers from the past two days. After starting my new job I have come in contact with many strangers, most of which have made working so much fun because they are so entertaining to talk to. But, I think I will talk about my institute stranger instead (even though there is not a whole lot to this story).

Wednesday I went to institute and learned that I am absolutely going to love my class. I have such an amazing teacher and the class is really fun too. Anyway, that's beside the point. So since it was my first day, as well as about 10 other peoples, the teacher, Brother Monson, had us introduce ourselves. We had to say our name, where we were from, if we were available or not (seriously) and one interesting fact about ourselves. It was quite entertaining because most people forgot to answer the most important question so Bro. Monson would look at them and be like, "So is that a yes or no?" and being the crazy awesome Mormon's that we are, we knew and understood exactly what he meant and was referring to. Highly awesome. Let's just say there are some very attractive guys in my class who all just happen to be single... Oh the joys of Utah!
Anyway, so there was a kid sitting behind me and I can't for the life of me remember his name, but he introduced himself and we learned that he has 6 younger sisters who he absolutely adores. When we were singing the opening song I didn't use a hymn book because I knew all the words and I guess he noticed because he asked me how I knew the words without looking.... Then, we didn't talk for the rest of class but after, I went and talked to the teacher for a second, and as I was walking out of the institute building, he was all of a sudden right next to me and was like hey I like your backpack! and then got all awkward and silent haha. It was quite the awkward moment for about 47 seconds. Haha. Anyway, so I was walking to the library because I had about an hour between then and when my next class was so I'm just walking along not really paying attention when I notice that he is following me to the library! At first I thought nothing of it but then he was sitting in the same general area as me and so I thought maybe I should say hi again or something but then I realized I had to get to class and so I left..... and no he did not follow me this time.
I don't know why I felt like writing about this particular guy, but it just made me laugh and I though it was interesting and I don't want to forget about it so what better place to write about it than here on this fabulously wonderful blog of mine! ;)

Oh, and the institute dance is tonight! Who knows, maybe I'll see him there! Ha.