Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A day of rememberance

Seven years ago today, Gramps past away from cancer. He was such a fighter and such a great example to me of faith, courage, strength, and love. I miss him dearly but am so grateful for the opportunity that I have to live with Nana and hear stories about him and about their past and get to know him better even when he is gone. 
I remember that all growing up they always lived out in Tennessee so we didn't get to see them very often but we would talk on the phone all the time. Even though our visits were few and far between, I remember very well when we all went to Nauvoo, my famliy, Eric, Elaine, Rachel, and Nana and Gramps, together and it was so much fun. Of course this was a very long time ago, when the temple was dedicated. Even though we didn't get to see them very often, we knew them very well and they knew all about our lives and cared so much about what we were doing and what kind of people we were turning in to. I remember that the last time I spoke with Gramps was on my birthday seven years ago. It will be a memory I forever treasure in my heart. 
I wish he was here today so that I could continue to learn from him and his example, but I know I can learn just as much from the example he was to others. I look forward to the day when Nana can be reunited with her "Silver fox" and "Bald Eagle" as he became later in life and the joy that will come from that event. 
I hope that I am living the kind of life that makes him proud to call me his granddaughter.

*Love you so much Gramps*








Also in our thoughts today, Columbine High School. 4.20.99