Monday, April 18, 2011

A day of life, a day of love, a day of celebration.

Today is a great day.... It is the day that I came in to existence! Yes, it is my birthday! Go me! haha. I'm sure my brothers and sister thought I was so annoying and still quite possibly am. But oh well :)
It started out with waking up to a few different phone calls and texts which were just splendid and then I had to go and get ready for good old school. I got all cute and curled my hair and whatnot and off I went! School wasn't too terrible, even though we are getting ready for finals this week. After my first class was over though, I walked outside to discover that it was POURING RAIN and somehow I managed to NOT have my umbrella anymore! What the heck! So off I went, hurrying around campus in the rain between classes. It was so ridiculous. Even after three hours it was still raining and after I trudged along through all the parking lots and campus and up the hill and across the street (it sounds like I am talking about freaking Red Riding Hood going to Grandmothers house here! ha) to the institute parking lot where I've been parking lot, this is what my hair had turned in to....

Ha, darn rain. 

The rest of the day I didn't do too much. I just mostly watched tv and movies and avoided doing homework and studying because that would have just ruined the day haha. I did however get these wonderful flowers from my mom and dad and the picture as well. They also sent my to Florida last month for spring break which was absolutely fantastic. My parents are just awesome!

        

I enjoyed these and got a card from my sister in the mail as well. A little while later there was another knock at the door and I opened it to find my cute visiting teachers there with this amazing looking cupcake from The Cocoa Bean. It looks like this....
  
Doesn't that just look absolutely divine?!?!?

Anyway, for dinner we went to Cafe Rio, one of my favorites. It was soo delicious. We came home and I wanted part of Dancing with the Stars with Nana and then went downstairs back to my computer and shows haha. I had a few more phone calls throughout the evening and then around 9:00 we went to Coldstone with Eric, Elaine, Rachel, and Sam. It was way fun and so good. It's also one of my favorites. Sam was so funny tonight, he was just dancing all over the place while we were at Coldstone. When we first went to their house on our way over there though, as soon as I walked in he was hiding under the table with one shoe on and one shoe off and wanting me to chase him and try to find him. He is so adorable. Then right before we left Coldstone, Sam was over by the freezers and I went to ask him if he wanted the rest of his waffle cone and as I was talking to him he grabbed my arms and wanted to play and then started giving me hugs. Then he kept jumping on me and holding on and trying to reach up and give me kisses. It was so cute. After I got my birthday kisses, everyone else was heading towards us to leave and Sam went around and gave everyone kisses. I just love that kid. 
More birthday celebration will be happening this week with some friends, but overall, turning 20 has been pretty low key. At least I am no longer a teenager! Woot woot! Even though it is a new phase in my life, I don't feel any different whatsoever. Go figure. 
Birthdays are also a great way to discover who your friends really are... it's quite interesting actually if you ask me. And such an eye opener...

Here are a few random facts about April 18th. 
I share this fabulous day of birth with the following awesome people:

America Ferrera
Melissa Joan Hart
Conan O'Brien (ooooh yes how awesome is this one!)

Karen Wynder {you can read her amazing blog here}
Zana Snapp-Cook (She is 11 today.. I used to babysit her when I lived in Colorado and she is such a fabulous young girl. I love her and her whole awesome family. :) )



Also some interesting facts about this day throughout history:

1775 - American revolutionaries Paul Revere, William Dawes and Samuel Prescott rode though the towns of Massachusetts giving the warning that "the Regulars are coming out." Later, the phrase "the British are coming" was attributed to Revere. 

1895 - New York State passed an act that established free public baths. 

1924 - Simon and Schuster, Inc. published the first "Crossword Puzzle Book."

1946 - The League of Nations was dissolved.

1949 - The Republic of Ireland was established. 

1955 - Albert Einstein died.

1985 - Tulane University abolished its 72-year-old basketball program. The reason was charges of fixed games, drug abuse, and payments to players.

1999 - Wayne Gretzky (New York Rangers) played his final game in the NHL. He retired as the NHL's all-time leading scorer and holder of 61 individual records.

2000 - The Nasdaq had the biggest one-day point gain in its history. 

Overall, I think that this is one of the best days out of the whole year! And April is absolutely the best month ever! Woot woot!! Gotta love birthdays!
Thanks to all who made it a very special day and wished me a happy birthday! It meant so much. :)

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7