Wednesday, November 24, 2010

awkward.

So many things in my life are awkward moments. and they just make me laugh.
Tonight was supposed to be a ridiculous blizzard. Well guess what. Utah lies.... it hasn't even snowed here and it's 1 AM. =[ I was so looking forward to tons of snow.
Anyway, that's not the awkward part. So Camille and I decided to go to a movie at 10:00 tonight because we were bored. So we went town to University Mall and were planning on seeing Morning Glory but the stupid theater decided to close way way early because of the "blizzard" (yah, I hope they regret that considering there was and still is not any snow outside!). So as we are getting back in the car a van of boys is next to us starting to get out and they start talking to us about why it's closed and we so talked to them for a second and told them it was closed and we went on our merry little way to the dollar theater and decided to see Wall Street Money Never Lies. As we are sitting in the theater watching previews, a bunch of guys come in and sit across the aisle from us and they look was familiar and we determined they must have been the guys from the van. So Camille says something but they didn't really hear us, except the guy on the end saw us looking at them and so the three of us just sat there for about 8 seconds staring at each other with complete awkwardness.... and then when Camille said "oh they must not have heard us" another guy looked over at us so I asked them if they were just at the other theater in a van and they all looked at us like we were psycho stalker chicks because they definitely were not over there let alone in a van. By this time Camille and I just bust up laughing at our awkwardness and they heard us which made it all the more awkward and awesome. Haha. Good times.
Speaking of awkward, the word just reminded me of when I was a sophomore in high school one of my teachers loved to bet students on anything and everything (he is a genius so he would always win, plus he always played with words so that he would win no matter what because half the time we had no idea what he was really saying). But one day we were talking about a paper I was writing and somehow spelling words came up and sure enough, so did betting on what words I could actually spell or not. He bet my grade that I couldn't spell awkward and even though I thought I knew how (which I did), I declined to take the bet because I started second guessing myself and was fearful for my grade. I should have taken it though because not only would I have been right, but I would have also gotten an automatic A on my paper. Ha.
I don't really know why that came to mind but I thought it was kind of funny so I just had to share. It's crazy to think how long ago that was yet I still remember it! Oh how time just seems to fly.
Later when it's not almost 1:30 AM and I'm not super exhausted I will blog about the adventurous weekend I had in Colorado at Grant and Bekah's wedding. Such fun times. =]