Friday, October 15, 2010

My favorite place on earth

So pretty much I am just the best at pulling off surprises... especially with my mom. On multiple occasions I have surprised her by coming home from school. Last December I came home for Christmas 2 days earlier than she expected me and I went to her school with Laura and surprised her and she actually started crying because she was so shocked. Then, last Wednesday I pulled off another spectacular surprise. She didn't even know that I had a long weekend from school which was perfect. So I showed up at the house, rang the doorbell, and her jaw just dropped. It was perfect. And it was a wonderfully perfect 4 days in Colorado as well... and much too short. Here are some of the highlights:

-my mom and I went shopping and out to eat on multiple occasions (my dad was at scout camp for a few days)
-one night while at Sweet Tomatoes (one of my favorite places ever) BOTH of my brothers called me within 10 minutes of each other. How awesome are they!
-I got a haircut, which was super fabulous and I know love love love my hair
-I went to the dentist (which almost ruined the surprise but it didn't ha)
-I went babysitting a few times and made a little extra money
-my parents recently got a new car... and I got to drive it for a couple of days which was sooo much fun.
-I made cookies, which I haven't done in awhile and they were just oh so delicious
-I got to sleep in my own bed which I have missed oh so much. It was the best
-Jada was so absolutely thrilled to see me.... or just to have someone home during the day to play with her and take her for a walk. I missed that puppy
-My cat Daisy has gotten ridiculously fat. It's out of control. She is just so lazy haha
-Saturday I went to some volleyball games and had to ref one which was fun
-Saturday I also went to Bekah's bridal shower which was way fun... except now I am feeling old because my friends are getting married and coming home from missions and all that.... oh how time just flies by
-I did absolutely NO studying which was so nice, except for not good at the same time because I have a bio test today
-it was about 80 degrees the whole time and just gorgeous. I just love Colorado.
-Saturday night Jacove took me to Pinkberry and oh my heavens it is so so good! Utah should get one.
-Sunday after church we went to Chris' house for lunch which was super delicious and fun to see him and his dogs as well. Then it was off the the airport!
-On my flight back to Utah, I got FREE tv, yes FREE on the flight haha so I watched the Bronco's game of course.

It was such a great trip. I am so so glad that I went. Nothing is better than Colorado and seeing family. =]

But now it is back to reality... which has just been miserable. I had the headache of all headaches Monday and Tuesday which made it difficult to do anything. Which meant I didn't study. Which is not good. Because I have a test today I have to go take..... Plus tons and tons of homework that I've needed to do that I couldn't so now it is all backed up and due TOMORROW! What a pain.... So here I am blogging instead of doing homework or studying. Of course. Well, maybe now I will go do some homework, since all I did earlier was go through classes and plan out my schedule for next semester now that all of my credits have transfered and my AP scores are FINALLY here. I don't have much time today since tonight I am going to Rachel's choir concert... I guess I better go get started......