Sunday, June 12, 2011

Being thankful

I realize I really lack in the blogging department this week, but I have been so busy all week that I have hardly had time to do much of anything. Tomorrow I hope to be able to update about a few different things though, but tonight I just had to share this before I forget. I realized recently how blessed and lucky I am in regards to my college education. Out of state tuition is really a bugger to pay but for the past two years I have been fortunate enough to be able to not have to worry about paying that much for college. I have received scholarships both years which has been such a blessing and a relief. [read here for what happened last year when I transferred schools.] Anyway, I had a few emails from school about some things that I needed to take care of and so I was on my account and was just checking on a few things about my classes and to see if any book lists are up yet when I ended up on the financial aid page. I almost had a heart attack because of what I saw. If I were to be paying the real amount of what it should cost me to attend school in Utah, the cost would be $26,264.00. Instead my parents pay $300. Holy smokes what a difference. I am so grateful for this blessing, even if I am not the one paying for my education right now. I love getting subtle confirmations like these that I really am supposed to be at UVU instead of USU now. It puts my mind at ease when I start to worry that maybe I made the wrong decision in leaving Logan. I just wish it all wasn't so expensive.....