Friday, December 24, 2010

not me, couldn't be

So I have this awesome friend. Jessi. She was my roommate last year at Utah State and she is just wonderful. I love her to death. Seriously, we had so many wonderful adventures together, especially when we were exhausted and it was late at night hahaha. I am so glad she was my room roommate at school. It was definitely the best. It was always awesome having crazy inside jokes that no one else in the apartment understood. Ha! 
Anyway, last night she sent me a text telling me to check my Facebook because she sent me something. So I grabbed my computer and looked and this is the message she sent me:


On a cold winter day persuasive snow and ice throughout the land,
Black ice hidden from the viewers eye a tragic fall,
a minor bruise anything major?!

Not me couldn't be. 

A peaceful day, a glorious view, a wide open road, cruising to the unknown
a tragic crash a minor bruise. Anything major? 

Not me couldn't be. 

The perfect day. A dream come true with a picture perfect life of health and cheer. 

A tragic cold a weaknd body anything major
Not me couldn't be.

Perhaps we hear a lifetime of "no not me that could never happen to me it may happen to others but not me couldn't be." What happens when the day cones when the roller coaster takes and unexpected twist and it is you? What do you do when the first tear drop falls and the reality sets? Maybe the truth of it is, we all have a day when the heartbreaking trail is on your front door. The question is what road do you take? Do you take the higher road and fully give yourself to Christ having complete faith, hope and will to endure to endure to the end? Or do you hop of the roller coaster and mutter "not me couldn't be." 

Only you can decide.

(the spaces between lines means nothing.... I just can't make it stay with no spaces)

Don't worry, that awesome roommate I just told you about definitely wrote this last night. She is so talented. I am so lucky to know her and to consider her one of my best friends. Seriously, she is so great, I don't think you even understand. I am sad I no longer live with her because I am certain we would have so many crazy and amazing adventures that one wouldn't know what to do with them all.