Saturday, December 4, 2010

Carl Bloch and wonderful friends

This morning I got a call from my grandparents. They were going to the Carl Bloch exhibit at the BYU Art Museum and had an extra ticket and invited me to go with them. I had nothing else to do (except studying and doing homework hahaha) so I went with them. It was actually really cool. There were a ton of pictures that I had never seen before and I learned a lot of things about the artist who has many famous pictures used throughout the church yet his name is not one you hear very often. This picture below is one I had never seen before but it is now one of my favorites of his:

"Christ and Child"
Copenhagen, 1834


Last night I was able to go to the home opener of the Utah Flash game with Jessica because she got free tickets from her work. It was pretty fun and quite a different experience from NBA games that's for sure. After we were going to go see You Again at the dollar theater but when we got there the whole world was there and all the good movies were sold out so we went and rented New Moon (there was nothing else worth getting and we decided we were in a twilight mood hahaha) and got some food then went back to my place.Tonight will continue our twilight mood because we are watching Eclipse later and Camille is also going to come hang out with us. Pretty sure pizza will also be involved. Who needs to study for finals when you've got great friends to hang out with! Haha.