Sunday, July 25, 2010

Sometimes

Sometimes, growing up and being an adult is such a pain.
Sometimes, I want to go back to being a little kid when boys had cooties and everyone was your friend.
Sometimes, I want to go back to elementary school where school was actually easy, before things got complicated.
Sometimes, I want to go back to the times when there was a full house of siblings, that even though you argued all the time, you knew they actually cared about you then.
Sometimes, I want to go back to middle school where basketball was fun, before all the injuries started.
Sometimes, I want to go back to high school before the concussions ruined everything.
Sometimes, I just wish that growing up wasn't so difficult, that there weren't so many decisions to be mad like what my major should be, what classes to take, how to pay for school, where to get a job, how to manage all my time because life is getting crazy, etc.


But how? How do we go back?
I guess that sometimes, we just have to keep our chins up and figure out how to wake up everyday and move forward.
Sometimes, we just have to accept that life is never going to be what it used to be; that from now on, you are just on your own.