Thursday, September 1, 2011

This heat has GOT to go

I am officially over this terrible Utah heat. I don't know why, but for some reason 90 degrees in Provo is just not the same thing as 90 degrees in Littleton. I am so sick of it that I just don't even want to go outside whatsoever. 

Anyway, even with this terrible heat, school has officially started! Welcome to the 15th grade everyone; a whole new experience in life. For example, in my Abnormal Psychology class yesterday, we were discussing how people define "abnormal" when our teacher pulls a bunch of balloons out of the garbage, yes the garbage, and starts tossing them around the room. I felt like we were at graduation all over again with people pulling beach balls fro under their hats and hitting them around. Now, to all of us, this really was not that 'abnormal' per-say but to someone from England or some prestigious place, we probably would be classified as having some mental disorder or something. For some crazy reason, even though this is definitely going to be my HARDEST class of all this semester, I think it is the one that I might enjoy the most. It is so interesting to say the least. I guess we will just have to see what happens I guess.

As for the rest of school. This 10-1 schedule is pretty great. Smart choice on my part I believe. Between Abnormal Psychology, Adolescent Development, Ethics and Values, Sociology, Anthropology, and Meteorology, I have got a crazy next few months ahead of me with more reading than I think I have done in the past four semesters of college combined. Any tips for a successful semester with this much reading involved? I'm gladly accepting any and all advice on the subject....