Sunday, September 11, 2011

Before and After

Since it is already September.... here are the pictures of the massive project that I was able to work on all summer in Colorado. There are a few before pictures from my phone... they aren't super great but I can't find the ones from my camera so they will have to do. They get the jist across of what the basement has been like for so long. 








And then comes the clearing out! This took so much longer than anticipated but it got us going on a great project.




Goodbye nasty paneling!











Ya that's right, I use power tools! Be afraid!























Oh the furniture.... what an epic FAIL this was trying to get the couch downstairs the first time. Oh, and don't worry. I moved all of the furniture with my dad. Just the two of us. Up and down two flights of stairs. And let me tell you...hide-a-beds are NOT the lightest of couches! Ha!









After a long Saturday of hard work 

SOOOOO close to being done!!!!!










































These last few pictures are the near finished product of a massive remodel that took all summer and a TON of blood, sweat, and tears. Since these pictures a few other things have been done to add finishing touches to the basement, but overall you get the jist of the new and wonderfully amazing basement. For the next couple of weeks before I went back to school, I basically lived down here. Slept there, watched movies, hung out, etc. I miss it so much! But am so proud of what I accomplished. I am so not one of those girly girls who won't ever do hard work. I worked SO hard down there with demolition, hanging drywall, holding ceiling drywall up, and everything in between. I like to think Gramps would be proud of me too. :)