Monday, March 7, 2011

It's 4 AM; do you know where your children are?

This post is for you mom..... 4 AM Friday night.... do you know where 3 of your children were? Along with your mother??? Ha! I can tell you where...... we were all awake. In Provo. Being thrilled to see each other! And it was so great, but it would have been even better if you had been here too.

So about the crazy awesome weekend. Bryan and Nereida came out.... they were supposed to get their engagement pictures done but things didn't quite work out in that department but it was still so great that they came. I had been up till about 2 AM cleaning and whatnot before I went to be but then was woken up at around 4:30 to Bryan calling saying they were finally here!! So then I didn't fall back asleep till around 5:15 or so and then woke up I think around like 8 or something like that. I don't know why but it's really hard for me to sleep in anymore and I hate it. 
So Saturday: I woke up and no one else was up!! ha. But when I went back downstairs Bryan had just woken up and so we sat on the couch for probably close to half an hour talking and he did some stuff on my phone to make it work better and what not and it was good. Then he woke Nereida up and I made french toast and bacon for breakfast which took soooo long because we were trying to get the internet to work on Bryan's computer as well as catch up and everything, but it was really good. We kinda were lazy in getting ready for the day but while Bryan showered Nereida showed me the outfits that they brought for their pictures and we just talked and stuff until this lamp came tumbling down from freaking no where and my first instinct was the whole "duck and cover" concept where i just covered my head and tucked my chin down and all Nereida could do was scream my name. It was so funny. I just love her to death. After we all finally got ready to go, Nana went to Salt Lake for Hairy Toes with Eric and Sam and Bryan, Nereida, and I went shopping! Bryan needed a few things like shoes, a tie and a belt for their pictures and we just wandered the mall a bit then went to Jason's Deli with his friend from high school, Mark, and watched the end of the BYU-WYO basketball game. Then we went to Deseret Book and did a little more shopping at Kohls and stuff and as we were leaving the Kohls parking lot we saw a truck with three horses in the back and so we stopped and I took a picture of Bryan and Nereida in front of it and one of the horses started to eat Nereida's hair. It was so funny. After an adventurous day today together, we ran home to change and then went to Sam's baptism. It was such a neat thing to witness and be a part of and just so amazing. Afterwords we were going to go to Chili's for dinner but the wait was freaking two and a half hours long!! So we went to Sam's favorite..... McDonalds! ha. It was actually pretty fun because Sam had a way awesome time playing in the little play thing and the rest of us just talked and laughed and had a great time together. I love my family so much. And being able to be around extended family all of the time is so great, I am so blessed. By the time we went home it was probably 9:00 or something and we just sat in Nana's tv room and talked for awhile before going back downstairs where Bryan, Nereida, and I looked through a bunch of photo albums and got some GREAT laughs out of some pictures... some that I have never seen before but that were just so hilarious. At one point Nereida and I were laughing so hard I just started crying ha. Eventually sometime after midnight we were all so tired that we just decided to go to bed, but Bryan decided to share my bed (like we did at his house in California haha) instead of sleep on the couch and we talked for a few minutes and then about 10 minutes later Nereida came in and joined us cause she didn't want to miss out on all the fun. Bryan gave us some great laughs for a while and then we all just kinda fell asleep (with me stuck between them hahahahaha) It was so great though. 

Sunday: Sunday rolled around and they went to church and then after they came home and left to go home :( It was just a great weekend though, and I am sooo so glad that they came, even for as short of a time that they did. I can't wait for August!!!! It's going to be such a party at their wedding.

But until then: I leave for Florida on Saturday!! Woot woot! But I have so much to do before then, including multiple papers and research and homework and I still have to get my new computer. Can I just say that it is SO hard to not have a laptop! I guess I never realized how attached I was to my computer. It's crazy. 
Speaking of homework... I better get back to it so I can go to bed because I am EXHAUSTED beyond belief.


**P.S. Bryan and Nereida.... you should just move to Utah because you are so much fun and so fabulous and I miss you both so much! Love you!**