Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Friends...

Do you ever go through life and feel kind if like everything is just flying by and you don't know where time has gone? And then one day you stop and take a breath and look back and realize how blessed you are? Sure, my life is FAR from perfect because there are so many things that I wish were different or better or not as complicated or heart breaking, but aside from all that bad and negative in my life, I really am truly blessed, especially when it comes to friends. I know I have blogged about it before but today I just feel so grateful that I'm doing it again. I have a truly awesome best friend from high school who still is my friend even after 2+ years living in different states, I had awesome roommates in Logan who I am still friends with and even if we go weeks without talking to each other, one phone call and we are all caught up and it's as if we never missed a beat. Even others friends from Logan that I have are truly amazing. Then, I moved to Provo. As insane as it has been the past year and a half, it has been an incredible blessing. I spent the first couple of weeks my sophomore year before classes started not being sure if I should have really moved down here and I was always anxious about why I was supposed to be here because it didn't seem like the right thing immediately. Then I met Camille and we instantly bonded and I have been so incredibly thankful for our instant and awesome friendship. After meeting here I felt so much better about moving to Provo and felt at peace about so many things. I love having such a great friend so close who I can talk to about anything and who is willing to listen, laugh, talk to, ect, and especially quote movies and TV shows! Her friendship really is a direct answer to many many prayers. And then there are the new friends that I continue to make throughout each semester. I sometimes just like to keep to myself during classes; it's almost as if I am bi-polar or something because outside of class I am crazy and loud and more outgoing, but during classes I am much more reserved and quiet and don't really go out of my way to walk to people. There have been a few very specific times this semester alone that I can think of that if I hadn't made the decision to answer a question or talk to someone before class started then I wouldn't have some of the friendships that I do now. It's kind of crazy how even in a GE class you can meet people who are so much like you and who you instantly just bond with. What would this life be like if we didn't have such great friends??? I hate that I sometimes can take for granted how blessed I am to have the opportunities that I have to meet people, but then there are days like today where I feel an overwhelming feeling of peace and thankfulness for the blessings I do, no matter how small, especially in regards to friends. And even more so, I am beyond grateful to have friends and friendships in my life that fill voids that family cannot or does not fill. It is my goal to never go a day without thanking Heavenly Father for the gift of friendship in my life because it truly has made such a difference to me.